Friday, December 17, 2010

Tis the Season

One smiling little angel

Getting a little tired...


One sick little angel...resting up
(*still using cell phone pictures, please excuse the poor quality)

for fevers.

Yes, it seems to happen every year. Too many late nights, holiday parties, sugar cookies and egg nog has caught up with our household. Never mind the fact that I went to bed around 7:45 pm last night- that's beside the point.
The "plan" for this lovely Friday was to have Annabelle go to school for her final day before Christmas break and for Caroline and I to be elves all day. We were supposed to deliver gifts to various places, do some shopping and reorganize all things Christmas at the house. "Plans" don't always fall into place when you have kids. Expect the unexpected I guess.

On a positive note, Annabelle's fever in Dr. Megan's opinion isn't quite high enough to be considered a "real fever" (wavering between 99.4- 100.4). Hopefully lots of liquids and some rest today will have her rip roaring ready for her Uncle Casey's big party tomorrow and Santa dinner on Sunday night. (We really really need her to go to that Santa dinner, so I Wes and can finish shopping and perhaps do something fun like get a drink at a bar!!)

On another positive note, I was able to sneak out of the house at 5:45 am and pull off a 7 miler. It helped me to take the "news" of this fever and a change of plans with a much calmer frame of mind.

So, for now, we rest. And we hope that there will be two smiling angels quite soon.




No comments: